I can not decide whether or not to take maternity pictures. Jeff and I have had several conversations about it and of course he thinks they are completely unnecessary, which I can see his point. I just don't want to look back and wish I had done it. I don't think I could live with that kind of regret. If you are a mom, please give me some sort of direction. If you took them, were you happy with your choice, and if you didn't are you wishing you would have?
I did not. I was way to nauseated and never felt like doing it. People have such cute pictures of them with a big ole belly! I wish I would have at least gotten a friend to take some pictures of me/us outside. They are great for nursery picture frames or scrapbook/baby books. Precious! At least try and get some good ones even if you decide not to pay a lot for "professional" ones.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely did NOT want to take any. I didn't like the idea of cheesy husband/preggo belly wife pics. But, Mandy convinced me to let her take some (just of me - not with Lucas) and I was very glad I did. As Kayla said, even if you just have a friend take some shots of you, I think you will like to have them later, even if you never frame them or anything.
ReplyDeleteI did not take them with Cooper, I regret it and we are taking some tomorrow, yes I am having a baby on Friday!
ReplyDeleteWe took some ourselves and just had fun with it. I think you should take some but doesn't have to be professional. I'm glad we took them. Good memories. We went to the myriad gardens cause they have fun spots for pics. Hope this helps!
ReplyDeleteWe also took some. I haven't done anything with them yet but I am so glad I have them just to document that moment in our lives. I hope you decide to do it - even if it isn't with a professional!
ReplyDeleteI think you should! I didn't with Vivian but I did with Violet and it's fun to look back at them! Oh, and I know a photographer if you're looking for one! wink wink
ReplyDeleteI didn't take any with Kadence and regret it!! I have some great ones of me being pregnant with kaison and absolutely love them!!
ReplyDeleteI debated whether or not to have them too... but ended up just having Nate take a few. I just wanted at least one for his baby book. Nate also thought it was pointless, at least pointless to pay a bunch of money for them. I am glad that I have them to look back on.
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog! So excited. I would totally take maternity pictures. I regret not taking more.
ReplyDeletewhere oh where is alissa??! you surviving the summer heat?? i bet your just hanging out in that nice new mercedes with air conditioner!! give us an update and post a pic of the new car :)
ReplyDelete