Thursday, June 24, 2010

Update on this pregnancy

These are pictures that Mandy Stansberry took. She did a wonderful job!! Thanks for everyones advice, I am SO glad I got maternity pictures taken.

I can not believe that I am already 34.5 weeks pregnant! Man has it flown by. It kind of makes me sad because I know that once my little man is here, it will go by even faster:( Why can't they be babies forever!?
The nursery is officially done and ready for Cale. He has diapers, wipes, clean clothes and towels.I even went and had the fire dept. install our carseat:) We were so blessed to have such a nice shower thrown by such wonderful people.
Now I need some advice. Here are some things I still have left to do before her comes:
1. pack the hospital bag. What do I even pack? I don't want to pack too much, just the essentials.
2. prepare for birthing this baby. Can you do that?
3. Buy the last few thinds on my registry. Would you recommend one of those excersaucers? I dont even know if that is what its called. The round thing you put them in and there are alot of probably over-stimulating objects to play with? What about a swing? We already have an infant seat.

9 comments:

  1. I LOVE my swing! I use it multiple times a day- great when you need free hands. Lane loves it too and many times falls asleep in it. I am so excited for you!!! Let me know if you need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That exersaucer was a must have for me. When they were scooting/crawling and you wanted to take a shower and actually shave your legs...that exersaucer along with a baby einstein DVD kept me sane!! The swing was the same way when they were newborns!! One thing that we never used was the bouncer seats/vibrating chair. My two were never impressed with that and liked the swing much better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can have a birth plan in place. This tells the hospital if you want drugs or not, who is in the room with you, if you want a birthing ball, etc...

    The exersaucer is for sure a life-saver. The bouncy seat is a matter of preference from baby to baby, but the swing is a must. They go right to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Kayla. Haylie loved her swing so much better than the bouncer thing and an exersaucer is a definite must have. Haylie can spend so long in that thing and I can do whatever I need to!! Don't stress about the birthing part - just take it one minute at a time. They will coach you through it so don't worry!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok, some tips that I learned that for me was great! For the hospital....this first one sounds comical, but I'm glad I did it...I was told by a friend to take Depends diapers for myself after the baby was born. After you deliver, they will give you the biggest pad you have seen in your life and a "one size fits all" pair of net underwear. Instead I put on the Depends which were surprisingly comfortable and used those the whole time I was there. It was easiest to when going to the bathroom to throw that a way and put on a new one. (sorry if any readers are embarrassed by this, but I've learned to be honest with new moms!) And don't worry, nobody ever knew I was wearing one, even when walking around with people in the room! For preparing for birth, I put some relaxing music together on my Ipod that I started listening to weeks before at night when going to sleep to train my mind to relax when listening to the music, so when I was in labor, I put the ipod on and would try to relax listening to the same music. Also, I would recommend taking a tennis ball and a small vibrating massager that Jeff can use on your back with pains. That helped me. Like everyone else, I would recommend a swing and exersaucer. They are great reliefs when you need it! I got a swing that the chair portion came off which made it nice that I could have her in a seat and move room to room with her and then put it back on the swing! It is from Fisher Price and it was not sold in stores but I found it online. Hope this helps!! Let me know if you need anything!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noah LOVES his exersaucer!!!! He liked his swing to but loved his bouncy vibrating chair.
    You could hold off on buying the exersaucer. Noah didn't use his till about 5 months!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We went to some friends house right before we had Julianne and Jerad counted how many things they had for their baby to sit in. 12! I'm sure we'll have that many too. Julianne loves her swing and she talks to the mobile above hers. She likes the bouncy seat too. Plus that's easier to move around the house than the swing. We don't have that saucer thing yet, but we'll be getting one.
    I don't think you can prepare much for birth. Sorry. But I loved it!
    Hooray for Cale! We're excited to meet him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. -Pack some cute socks with the "grippers" on the bottom so if you have to walk the hall or go to the bathroom you can still look cute doing it and w/out falling of course :)

    3. -Both of our girls loved their exersaucer. We actually had the baby Einstein and the Evenflow SmartSteps exersaucer and the Evenflow was both of their favorites- you really would think it could over stimulate them but they looooved it!
    -We used the swing (Graco sweetpeace) A LOT and it was a life saver for us. The only thing we ever used more than the swing were the Boppy brand bouncer seat.

    I love Brooklyn's comment about the number of seats for the baby... we probably had twice that many easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not actually met you.... but I go to MRCC and I am due the 7th of August w/ our 3rd.

    The exersaucer is great! You won't regret having one.

    As for the birth... are you hoping for a natural labor? Amy had some great suggestions! A birth ball is great too, but once you get your epidural you won't be able to get out of bed. I also have soothing music I have downloaded to my laptop with images to go along. I had a doula w/ my last birth and will w/ this one too. I respond well to my favorite scents so those are a must have too. Also snacks for the hubby... mine ended up passing out when I hit transition due to lack of nutrition and panic too :) I recently read having OJ, and a variety of protein for the labor support person is a good idea. I will make sure to have this in my bag this time. Oh and a charged battery or charger for you camera. Ours ran out right at the end w/ my last delivery. :( If you are trying to go natural I can offer more suggestions if you'd like. Blessings on your new baby boy! Maybe I will meet you in the nursing room at church :)

    ReplyDelete

 Pregnancy Ticker