Tuesday, July 6, 2010

36.5 weeks...

Wow....could these last few weeks go any slower?! The answer is "no". I really have been trying to stay busy a.) to pass the time b.) to get this little guy movin'!
I suddenly HAVE to mow and Jeff HAS to trim the bushes. All the sudden the flowers that died in the pot on the porch need replaced!
A little side note: you may recall a few weeks ago on a Monday when it rained and rained...and rained. Well that day we realized that our roof was totaled and our chimney was leaking...no big deal. Also, the chimney was leaking into the guest bedroom closet, soaking the ceiling, walls and carpet. Still, it's fixable, right!? I called our insurance that day and the lady told me she would have someone call me and come look at the damage. About a week goes by and I don't hear from anyone, so I call back. The lady reassures me that the adjuster had contacted me and we had worked it out. Come to find out, the guy had called my mother in law, thinking it was me...WHAT!? Ok so long story short- here we are over 3 weeks later and NOTHING has been done. We now have mold growing in our guest closet, sheet rock needs torn out, along with carpet pad and carpet, our roof and chimney and tons of repairs to be made. This all needs to be taken care of before Mr. Cale decides to enter this world!!! I am having a hard time having patience with this ordeal!

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. We have a huge sinkhole on the side of our house that literally two people could fall in and break their legs. The city came to put up baracades but...that's the extent of them fixing it. It is such an ordeal trying to get them to come out!! Good luck with the end of the pregnancy. I know it seems like you want him to be here so soon, but really enjoy these last few days of baby free-ness!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alissa! I ran across your blog...it's super cute. Sorry to hear about the leaking! Hope it gets fixed soon so you can relax and enjoy some time before his big arrival! I'm really excited for you guys:) Also, congrats on your Arbonne promotion! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

 Pregnancy Ticker