Wow! What a great weekend! Saturday, I woke up early, when I say "early" i mean ATLEAST 3 hours before I normally wake up. I had already set out my outfit( my first time to wear my maternity jeans) so I was able to cut down my getting ready time to, well... 30 minutes:) As I slipped my shoes on, I realized I hadn't eaten since I got up so I rushed to the kitchen to grab something quick that I could eat in the car. Here is what a chose: a banana, a yogurt, dried apricots, a fiber one bar, a bottle of water and a glass of cranberry juice( I am trying to ween myself off of this stuff but it is all I drank for about 2 months.Ok so breakfast is stuffed in my purse and balanced in my hands as I walk out the door. I am headed to Tulsa to meet mom and Sonya to go baby shopping! The trip there went quick and was there in no time! We went to Babies R Us and Target then headed to lunch at Zio's. I think mom and sonya were glad to see that my appetite had picked up since Christmas. I had Pepperoni Chicken( YUM) and probably ate half of mom's Strawberry Fields Salad, which, by the way, is phenomenal. After lunch we went and picked up my mom's dog from the vet( not an easy stop, she is getting very old and probably not going to have much time left:(. After the vet we ran over to Pottery Barn at Utica Square and can I just say that I love EVERYTHING in there. How could you not!? By the time we left I had bedding picked out for both a boy and girl nursery.Mom had one more stop she wanted to make before I had to head back to Edmond... Peak A Boo. The minute I stepped into the store, I changed my mind about every decision I had penciled into my brain so far. This store is incredible. The custom bedding is fabulous, as are the cribs and the rockers. This store also has tons of super cute accessories and saving the best for last...my DREAM diaper bag. This bag is beyond describing so I will not even attempt it. All I can say is FABULOUS. Wow, thanks mom for introducing me to such a great store. I can not recall how much time we spent in there but after drooling over everything in there, we decided it was time to go. I needed to head back in time for Jeff's birthday dinner! Thanks mom and sonya for spending your Saturday with me, even though we didn't buy anything( we will know boy/girl march 1st so I am holding out until then).
By the time I got home, I had time to sweep, vacuum and freshen up and we were on our way to Shiki! Yum! We celebrated Jeff's birthday with his side of the family over a wonderful dinner and then everyone came over to our house for dessert and presents. Happy Birthday Jeff!!!
Sunday, as always was great day. I feel so blessed to be able to worship at Memorial Road and I feel even more blessed to be a part of the JSO class. I have been able to form some wonderful relationships with wonderful people.
For Jeff's birthday dinner I made my mom's homemade chicken enchiladas( per Jeff's request). Yum, it had been way too long .
I got to end my weekend in a very special and encouraging way. I had a very inspiring and uplifting call with my Arbonne team. I feel so very blessed to know and understand what Arbonne has to offer people. Because of Arbonne I was able to replace my teaching income and quit my job to stay home. I am very blessed to have this opportunity and am looking forward to wonderful things happening on my team in 2010!
Hi Alissa -- I saw your blog address on FB and thought I'd stop by. Congrats on your pregnancy!
ReplyDeleteChris and I are expecting our first (a girl!) in about three weeks after years of trying and it's been a wonderful and wild ride!
I LOVE Peek A Boo! Another great baby boutique in the Tulsa area is Baby Emporium in Broken Arrow (101st & Elm). We ordered our bedding, furniture, and a few other things from there. SO cute! You should check it out if you have a chance.
I love blogging and update my blog frequently, so feel free to stop by if you want! wwww.thelifeofchelle.blogspot.com ... lots of info about our journey to baby on there, so beware :-).
Congrats again!