Friday, March 12, 2010
Blah!
I am definitely an all or nothing person. When I am committed to doing something there is very little that can come in the way of it and I am having the hardest time staying motivated to workout during this pregnancy. I usually am pretty good about going to the gym daily and getting cardio and even some weight training in. When I first got pregnant, well actually the first trimester of this pregnancy, I was extremely sick and a day did not go by that I wasn't nauseous or throwing up. I felt like I had a pretty good excuse to not be active, as where the slightest movement made we want to lose the little bit of lunch I had been able to stomach. I do not have that excuse now!!! I feel GREAT! I have tons of energy and have NO problem eating, so what's my hang up? Back to the all or nothing side of me, when I do work out, I like to feel like I have worked out, I work out hard and I guess part of me is just scared of overdoing it...? I have read all the books/blogs websites about how working out is great during pregnancy but not to over do it. What if I over do it? Did any of you have a hard time staying motivated? If so, what did you do to re-motivate? I refuse to be that person that gains 90 pounds during their pregnancy... I do not want to have a hard time losing the weight afterward either, even if it is only 8 pounds. HELP!!! I need encouragement!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i am the same way. all or nothing at the gym, and if i'm not sweating or doing my full routine... then whats the point? i knew i had to stop when i had pain, but i kept going for awhile, and thought i would work through it... which was not a good idea as i am still dealing with it. but, not being able to give up all my activity i am swimming. no pain, great workout. i say as long as you have no pain, keep running or doing the elliptical. just go for longer at a slower pace.
ReplyDeleteps-you wont gain 90 lbs, youre concious of your health and it just wont happen. i was so worried about that until just a little bit ago.
I agree. If you don't want to gain 90 lbs, you won't! You will need to gain a little so don't worry about the scale getting higher. 25-35 is very healthy. I actually bought a pregnancy DVD to do at my house and I felt comfortable with that amount of exercise. You can borrow it if you want. It still tended to kick my butt but I wasn't in awesome shape to begin with!
ReplyDeleteA really dear friend of mine just had a gorgeous baby girl two weeks ago. She's really big into spinning/cycling and went to the gym up until 2 weeks before her delivery. (she was really sick the first trimester too) I just know that she was afraid of the same thing, but once she got into the class, she could always tell when her body had had enough. I guess being in really good shape, she was able to go for quite a while before she felt like she should stop and she looks great again already! Her doctor told her to just do as much as she wanted to until she couldn't anymore.
ReplyDeleteYou look fabulous right now and I know that you'll fabulous after too!