Friday, February 19, 2010

Alone

Last night Jeff had an away basketball game in Norman, so I went and filmed, like usual. After the game I was excited bc Jeff needed me to take him back to Edmond instead of him riding the bus back because he was meeting the football coaches up at the high school to head to Dallas for a coaching clinic. Jeff will be gone until Sunday night and I am going to honest and tell you that i HATE staying home alone. I don't mind it at all during the day but when the sun goes down, I start getting really paranoid. After I dropped Jeff off, I thought I would swing by T J MAXX to prolong going home. I stayed til they closed then decided I was being ridiculous so I headed home. It helps that teh dogs are there with me...until they decide that bedtime in 10:30 and they head into the bedroom. I was not tired at all so I kept myself occupied by making this fabulous avacado salsa recipe from my cousin Shannon. After I cleaned up, I settled in on the couch with my plate of salsa a bag of chips and a book on pregnancy that I had checked out from the public library( that's right, I got a library card today). Everything was going well, I had the tv on to kill the silence, food and a book telling me all how normal my out of body experience is. Then it hit me...the dreaded heatburn that I experience every night.BLAH! So I put away the salsa bc even the smell of it is making my throat swell. After I get a call from Jeff, letting me know that he has safely arrived in Dallas, I glance at the time...2 A.M.!!!!!!!!! Sure enough, I had already read half of the book! Time for bed. This is where it gets hard. The house is quiet, dogs are asleep, lights are off...it is just scary to me. I am so overly paranoid, it is ridiculous, and it probably doesn't help that Jeff and I watched "Saw" a few nights ago. Anyway, I tuck myself in bed and hold on to my newly purchased body pillow until I fall asleep. What a night!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Thats a change! You're usually the one thats out of town! I get scared too when I'm alone at night! Come see the boys tomorrow if you want, Adam will be gone a lot of the day.

    ReplyDelete

 Pregnancy Ticker