Mom and dad came to town yesterday evening and stayed the night( which was awesome especially since jeff is out of town) and then stayed for the day. Dad had a seminar in town so mom came to hang out with me. We had such a fun girls day! We got to sleep in for a bit, then treated ourselves to McAlisters. After that we headed to several cute baby boutiques in Edmond. I took her to Marcy and Abbey's, Lil Dudes and Divas and Ladybugs and Lizards.After we made those stops we went to Pickles and Icecream. I want to show her the rocker that we had been eye-ing. SO of course, I ended up buying a super cute maternity/nursing dress. (That's what the envelope money if for, right Jeff?) After all the stops were made in Edmond we headed over to May Ave. and spent an ample amount of time at Room(s) to Dream. Here we found great ideas for crib bedding( gender allowing) and I found the crib I want. I am waiting until Monday so Jeff can check it out and we can buy it together. Our next stop was USA Baby, which was pretty cute as well. I found several changing tables there and not to mention...my dream rocker. It is absolutely fabulous. It actually is an over sized recliner made out of wonderful chocolate tapestry and here is the best part...its electric. oh yes, you heard me right. It has a remote(that lights up for midnight feedings) that gently reclines the chair. It is a chair made for a queen. OK so next we head to Storkland. TONS of baby stores, SOO fun. The best part is that mom and I, neither one, spent a dime on the baby. We couldn't. Not for 8 more days. I am sure March 1st we will both be out scravenging for any pink or blue:) Ok so our day is not over. Now we need to head to some fabric stores, but first I need some waffle fries from Chick Fil A. This is my new found craving and it is terrible. I would love to tell you that all I have been craving is fresh fruit and vegggies but that would be a lie, so I won't. One trip through the drive thru and we are on our way to Hancock Fabrics. By the way, the plan is this... if it is a girl, mom is going to help, well actually I will be helping her custom make the bedding out of this tapestry fabric that is to die for. If it is a boy, Pottery Barn here I come) So IF it is a girl we will know what additional fabric we will need, so forth. Hancock was a no go so we head to Hobby Lobby and nothing really there either. Her next trip up, we will know whether or not if we will even needing to buy fabric, and if so we can go some more custom fabric stores. Our day would not be complete with a TJ MAXX stop so we head there while dad travels across town to meet us at Johnnies. We had a great dinner. The only part that would have made it better is if jeff could have been there too. Alas, our day had to come to an end, but I deem it to be a successful day none the less. Parents are the best:)
When I got home I ran myself a hot bath and relaxed while I finished reading, " The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy". I probably could have picked a more relaxing read. One that didn't talk about being "effaced", after birth, and postpartum dementia... but it was exciting to read about bringing baby home. I can't wait for that part.
Dave Ramsey would be so proud - shopping with your envelope money. Ha! 8 more days - SO EXCITING!!!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like your nursery will be amazing!
ReplyDelete