Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Anticipation

Monday I was officially 15 weeks pregnant. I can not believe this pregnancy is going by so fast and I know that once this little bundle is born it will go by even faster. Here is my wish...that I could be 18 pregnant already!!!! I just want to know what you are little one! I know I should not wish away this precious time but my patience is getting the best of me! SOO much depends on it you are a boy or a girl. Although we( mommy and daddy) say we do not care what gender you are as long as you are healthy, subconsciously I KIND OF hope you are a sweet baby girl. And although Jeff says out loud he wants a boy first...I know he KIND OF hopes you are a sweet baby girl too. Now don't get me wrong, we will love this bundle to pieces, no matter the gender. And another thing... if we do have a boy, please do not EVER tell him that we wished he was a girl:)
That being said, I had my monthly appointment last week. I have been waiting for this appointment for months and here is why...I got to schedule my second and last ultrasound of this pregnancy. This is the ultrasound where they determine the gender, and if you know me at all, planner extraordinaire, I NEED TO KNOW!!! So all along, my doctor has told me, "You get an ultrasound at 7 weeks to hear the heart beat and at 18 weeks to determine gender". So during my appointment I asked if I could request the earliest possible date to have my ultrasound. Of course, she was happy to do that, wrote me a slip to take to the ultrasound office and wrote "MARCH 1ST" big at the top and signed her name.
As Jeff and I walk merrily on our way to schedule this much anticipated appointment, I am all smiles and all is good in the life of Alissa Lovett...until I approach the desk. I laid my appointment slip down proudly as if I had worked hard for it and the receptionist asks how far along I will be on March 1st. I tell her 18 weeks and she looks at me as if I were asking to have an ultrasound before I was even pregnant. "Ma'am our office policy is that you have to be 19 weeks for the complete ultrasound."
I just stood there...I have been counting down for MONTHS and she tells me I have to wait another 7 days...not on my watch.
I try to remain calm and tell her that my doctor has told me many times that I could have this ultrasound at 18 weeks. After a lengthly conversation, her going back to ask permission, and me pouring out all my pregnancy hormones right there at the front desk, I walked away with an appointment on March 1st:)
Now some of you might think I am too impatient or stubborn but let me tell you something...if someone tells me 18 weeks, by golly it will happen at 18 weeks. Under normal, not pregnant circumstances I would have let the office secretary walk all over me and I would have nodded yes like a little school girl. But not this time.
So let the countdown...continue:)
18 DAYS!!!

2 comments:

  1. Yea!! I know how you feel when they say you have to wait...I don't think so!!! I was 18 weeks when they did our ultrasound and everything was definitely in place. :) SO exciting!! P.S. Glad you made it back from Phoenix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't listen to Erin. :o) At 18 weeks they thought they had the sex of the kid right. (Turns out they did...) However, I was told that there was a 1% chance that Haylie could still be a boy. I held on until 8 months when we had our 3D ultrasound and then I had to face reality. So Jeff, hang in there and ask the ultrasound person to double or triple check. You can never be too sure. --As much as I wanted a little boy I would not have it any other way then it is now. God knows what's right for each person.

    We are super excited for you all!!

    ReplyDelete

 Pregnancy Ticker